Combining Kawai's industry-leading Grand Feel II wooden-key keyboard action, stunning SK-EX Rendering piano sound engine with multi-channel sampling and resonance modelling, premium amplification and speaker technologies powered by Onkyo, and a real wooden soundboard, the CA98 delivers the most realistic grand piano playing experience available in a digital instrument.
0 Item Items
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Available For Pre-Order - Please Contact For ETA
Kawai’s collaboration with audio company Onkyo upgrades the CA98’s tonal depth. The 1-bit DSD processing upgrades your piano’s tone to be more versatile, whilst improving power efficiency for decreased distortion. The Kawai CA98 benefits from Onkyo’s premium dual DACs, which have a stereo sound effect and respond with precision to your playing style. The power amplifiers are designed to capably handle any level of sound, as well as being energy efficient for reduced background noise. Onkyo and Kawai’s collaboration results in an authentic, natural piano sound.
The Kawai CA98 has a sound engine that faithfully recreates the tone of an acoustic piano. The sound engine features samples from the flagship SK-EX acoustic piano. The piano is sampled from multiple sections of its cabinet for a more organic, accurate tone. The piano sound also has a calculated resonance modelling which creates a realistic reverb, dampness and cabinet sound, adding depth to your performance. The two sound engines suit all preferences, whilst the range of piano sounds are ideal for even the most diverse musical styles.
The easy to use interface allows users to instantly navigate between the CA98’s features. The screen is a 5 inch, touch sensitive interface for an ergonomic use. The screen is conveniently placed to the left side of the keys for an easy reach. The colour lit background has an attractive look that is easier to scroll through. The on board ‘Pianist’ function allows you to edit and enhance each piano voice’s settings to suit your exact preference. The CA98’s ‘Favourite’ setting is instantly available on the screen, you can quickly recall your preferred presets. The touchscreen interface offers an easily accessible way of using your piano’s features.
The CA98 benefits from a TwinDrive soundboard speaker system. This powerful system features dedicated low and mid-range frequency speakers that are designed by Onkyo for an exceptional sound quality. The bass speaker is positioned to the bottom of the cabinet for a more realistic frequency resonance. These speakers are placed behind a solid wooden cabinet to project the natural reverb and frequency balance of an acoustic piano. The TwinDrive technology offers a more powerful volume ability and increased headroom.
The Kawai CA98 has a host of modern functions to expand its potential. Connect an iOS or Android device and stream audio to your piano for a home audio experience like no other. Use apps to play along, learn or compose. Record with Bluetooth MIDI to perform, playback and improve your own compositions.
Kawai has produced some of the most famous pianos in the world since their establishment in 1927. When making their digital pianos, Kawai use their expertise to replicate as closely as possible the resonance and playing experience from their famed acoustics, whilst pushing the boundaries of digital technology and modern features. This pioneering company is now one of the leading names in piano design and innovation.
- Grand Feel II Action.
- 88 wooden keys.
- Grade-weighted hammers.
- Ivory Touch white key surfaces.
- Ebony Touch black key surfaces.
- Let-off simulation.
- Triple sensor key detection.
- 88-key Counterweight.
- Grand Feel Pedal System with Half-Pedal Support.
- Pianist Mode with SK-EX Rendering 88-Key Multi-Channel Sampling.
- Sound Mode with Harmonic Imaging XL 88-Key Stereo Sampling (SK, EX & SK-5 samples available).
- 256 note max polyphony.
- Damper Resonance, String Resonance, Undamped String Resonance & Aliquot Resonance.
- Virtual Technician that controls: Touch Curve, Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Undamped String Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust & Soft Pedal Depth.
- TwinDrive Soundboard Speaker System.
- Onkyo SpectraModule™ headphone amplifier, Spatial Headphone Sound, Headphone Type & Headphone Amplifier.
- 5" LCD touchscreen.
- Sliding Cabinet Lid.
- Dual Mode, Split Mode, Four-Hands Mode, Transpose and Tuning Functions.
- Internal Songs List with Sheet Music and Concert Magic repertoire.
- Internal Recorder and Metronome.
- Bluetooth MIDI and Audio with a range of apps.
- 145.5 cm (W) x 46.5 cm (D) x 94 cm (H), 85 kg.