Sometimes your guitar is not playing as you would like; we have an in-store workshop that can perform a number of repairs and adjustments to get your guitar back to the way you want it.
Common jobs include: nut, saddle and machine head replacement, re-fretting, body damage and headstock repairs, fret-dressing and cosmetic alterations. Other repairs and alterations are available. If you have an enquiry about guitar repairs, or have a guitar in need of some attention, bring it in and talk to us about how we can help. Quotations available.
We also provide a range of other instrument repairs, both in-store or through home visits for larger instruments like digital pianos. Repairs include:
- Brass and Woodwind Instruments
- Digital Pianos
- Amps and PAs
- Electronic and Pipe Organs
- Acoustic Piano Repairs and Tuning
- 0% finance on all Kawai and Roland pianos (subject to credit check)
- 0% finance through Take It Away scheme (subject to credit check)
- Free delivery and set up for all digital piano purchases
- In store music tuition with qualified teachers, daytime, evenings or Saturday
- In store workshops and events, including a weekly ukulele club
- Nationwide direct delivery on music books
- In store guitar repairs and set up
- String changing service
- Call out repair service for organs and digital pianos
- Brass and woodwind repairs
- Dedicated private teaching studios available for hire
- School student instrument rental schemes
- Support and discounts for local schools and music groups
- Free custom set up on all guitars when purchased
- Sheet music printing service
- Preowned instruments
- Part exchanges on instrument upgrades
When a guitar arrives with us at Lakeland Music, it is checked, set-up and approved by our qualified in-store guitar technician; whether it's a beginners' instrument or our top of the range model. This process includes checking: the neck and saddle profile, intonation, nut and saddle height, action and on-board electronics. If a guitar cannot be adjusted to our standards, it won't be sold.
Any guitar purchased can be adjusted to suit your preferred playing style; this includes alterations to the instrument's action as well as restringing to your preferred string gauge.